Size of Frames graphic
Buy Hard Drive
- Actors Access
- Now Casting
Portrait vs Landscape
How to Organize Hard Drive (with screenshot)
BitTorrent sites for content
Download YouTube clip
Special Skills and Talents (Links from resume’)
- Your scene doing skill in movie from final edit
- You doing skill taping on your own
- Still doing skill on set/in production
- You doing skill
- Scan of license/certification
Video from final edit. You doing VO discussing it. Big red arrow to character you are doubling for.
Below Content is from DEMO REELS, VIDEO CLIPS AND SELF-TAPED SUBMISSIONS, OH MY!
Anatomy of a standard clip/reel
- Name (2 seconds)
- Name & Contact Info (that won’t change)
Anatomy of a professional edited/Upgraded clip
- Headshot (first frame = thumbnail), Name, Union # (2 seconds)
- Movie Poster/TV Show logo with Episode # & Title = IMDB (2 seconds), Character Name, Co-Star, Supporting, yada.
- Some interesting text to entice viewer to see your other work (2 seconds)
- Name, Contact Info (that won’t change) and Movie Poster/TV show logo (a bit longer. 5 seconds?)
For text on screen, viewer doesn’t have to read every single word.
Shorter is better.
Cake/Icing metaphor or Meat/Gravy. Start in the middle and work out.
Opening Titles/Motion Graphics is unnecessary/distracting.
SWITCH TO COMPUTER DEMO:
Show FCP timeline and demo edit of Standard clip edit and Upgrade clip edit.
- Vimeo tutorial page
- Compressed clip
- Make sure you are Logged in to your account
- Upload to your account
- Confirm it loaded correctly
- If questions/problems, look for their FAQ
If questions about any of the above, try Google. Demo how to search for answer. Eg: Mac Final Cut Pro High Definition Video frame rate.
- Try searching those questions via Google.
SWITCH TO KEYNOTE/PROJECTOR:
How to obtain your video footage
- Your SCENE in HIGH DEFINITION (1920×1080 is the new standard) from Production Company as a MOVIE/DATA file – not already compressed into DVD/mpeg2. Handwrite this onto the contract you sign “Production must supply Actor’s scene within 1 month of final edit completion to Actor at Producer’s expense.” Get that person responsible’s name, phone and email. Get copy of their signature on your copy of contract.
- DVD/mpeg2 – can’t edit directly. Already compressed.
- Rip it like CD.
- Bit Torrent/Internet
High Definition graphic – 720, 1920 (the new standard), 4K.
- QuickTime PRO (not regular) – $30
- VLC – free, to view/reformat, not really edit with
- Open source alternative – Blender?
- iMovie – $15
- Final Cut Pro 7/X/Premiere – $300 or $20/month
Logging Template graphic.
Your hard drive should be organized like this. Screenshot with twirl down arrows. Don’t move things around.
Reels = Resume’ = IMDB = Actor’s Access = Your Actor Website = Special Skills.
Prove/Document your Acting/Special Skills = Gain their trust
- Certificate (scanned) – Least
- Video – Best
Hosting/Upload/Share – CD should say whether to mark “Private” or not.
- Google+ Channel
- Vimeo account
- Free – max – 720×480/Standard Def
- Vimeo Pro Channel – max – 4K?
- Professional Page
- Your Actor Website
- Okay to start
- Video does not count towards your size limit. It is just a pointer/Shared.
|1 short scene only||3-4 short scenes/clips|
|MODERN FAMILY – Blackjack Dealer – Kim Renee’.mov||(Separate by genre’)
Kim Renee’ Comedy Reel
Kim Renee’ Theatrical Reel
Kim Renee’ Stunt Reel
Kim Renee’ WONDER WOMAN Reel
Kim Renee’ Card Dealer (or Gaming, Casino)
|30 – 60 sec||60 – 180 sec|
|Best stuff up front. Might not get to end.|
|Shorter is Better!|
1920 x 1080 HD is the new Standard.
Headshot 300 dpi = First Frame = Thumbnail
72 dpi vs 300 dpi demo.
Resume’ – Change Character names to Principal, Supporting, yada.
- Instrumental vs pop song with lyrics
- Public Domain
- Rights clearance
- Free for personal use
What to bring to an edit session
- Logging Sheet filled out with Ins and Outs
- Headshot 300 dpi on memory stick
- Picture/Resume’ Unstapled
- Hard Drive (last step)
- Printing onto surface vs label
- Demo examples of both
- on computer
- physical/hold up in air
- Source Assets
Plain back wall
Not much movement/know your frame
Headshot you are submitting for role. No staples. Hold up in beginning of video clip
- Plain, boring colors
- No crazy patterns.
Bring 2 copies of script. Each highlighted for:
- Reader/Camera Man
Print out AND forward to Camera Man/Editor
- Casting Breakdown
- Directions on how to submit
Demo Self-Taped Submission
- Chris walks/Camera pans over to Self-Taped Submission Station
- Chris walks back to computer/Camera pans over
Chart comparing CHRMEDIA to LA rates
CHRMEDIA Hourly Edit Rates
- Time = Money
- The more organized/together you are = less time = less money
- Edit – $45/hr = half my corporate rate
- Shoot audition scene = $
- Shoot Special Skills and Talent – $
- Team up with others and split costs.
- Fake scene as part of movie – I don’t like
- A/V certified
- USB 3/2
- ExFAT formatted
- $100 = 2TB?
- art/setup/design fee
- + tax
Fairly recent computer. As formats get bigger = more horsepower.
Macs used to be MUCH more expensive, but not so much anymore. But SO worth it.
- Apple ecosphere
- It just works – Seamlessly.
Other places for reliable, unbiased info
- Company websites
- Follow the money